Finally, EA Sports titles broke out onto the iPhone screen with the development of Tiger Woods PGA Tour. You can get this game for your iPhone from the App Store at a cost of $4.99. EA calls the Tiger Woods PGA Tour series as the world’s number one selling golf game.
Graphically, Tiger Woods PGA Tour hovers around what you would find on Sony PSP or Nintendo DS. Player animations and models are wonderful and the golf courses are well rendered. Music is catchy and upbeat and the sound effects are okay. The swing method is very unique; you just need to swipe your finger back on the screen in order to bring the club back and swiping forward swings the club through. The path which your finger takes along the swing meter determines the direction of the ball. The swing itself is smooth and easy to master. This is explained while you make your first swing in a tutorial.
Some features of Tiger Woods PGA Tour are:
• Innovative touch controls
• Activate the Ball Spin by a swipe on the screen
• You can play as Tiger Woods as well against him
• You can create your own golf player or play as Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Annika Sorenstam, Retief Goosen or Natalie Gulbis
• Amazing 3D graphics, realistic sounds and moving environments
• Facility to customize your own golfer
• Seven golf courses (St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, The K Club, TPC Boston, TPC Sawgrass, Fancourt and Doral)
The profile mode of the game allows you to create your own profile and customize your players. You can choose pants, shorts, long sleeved shirt or shorts and even the color of the items. After creating the profile, you can proceed to the main menu. In the game’s options, you can utilize the money to upgrade the factors that influence the performance of your player. You get $50,000 to start. You can purchase power boost, impact, drive control, recovery, putting and spin.
Overall, the Tiger Woods PGA Tour with fewer features and toned-down graphics is the best game of its genre.